First Baptist Church strives to be a community built on the grace and love of Jesus Christ. Wherever you are on your journey, you are welcome here - young, old, able bodied, disabled, committed Christ-follower, serial doubter - all are welcome. Please join us for worship on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. in the Sanctuary.
Come Worship with Us!
January 26, 2020
Sunday School 9:30 a.m.
Worship 10:30 a.m.
Minister- Rev. Dr. Mark C. Jackson
FBC Sunday School
February 9, 2020
We’ve collected a wide assortment of critters over the years, everything from aardvarks to bears, to fish, to lions, to zebras. So use your imagination and bring a furry friend to donate along with a human friend to share in this uplifting service. Our dear friend, Dick Rogers, former Director of Bristol Lodge Middlesex Human Services, will join us to read “In the Company of Bears” during children’s time. Then the children will be set loose to collect all the animals from the congregation. What a feel good day!
First Baptist Church of Lexington, MA
Hours: Approximately 2.25 hours a week from September-mid June. There is no childcare in the summer months.
First Baptist is looking to hire a childcare provider for 2.25 hours a week. This is a regular job from 9:30am-11:45am every Sunday from October-mid June. Occasionally there will be special events at other times and the childcare provider might be asked to oversee childcare, if available
Services to be performed by the childcare provider include caring for children ages newborn through elementary school, keeping accurate sign-in and sign-out sheets, and light cleaning of the childcare area. We are a small family-orientated church and strive to provide a safe and fun environment for our youngest members. We do not require our caregivers to be Christian or Baptist, however he or she must be comfortable working in a faith environment. Caregivers from all or no religious backgrounds are invited to apply.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a fun, safe, and happy experience for the children in his or her care.
- Light cleaning and sanitizing of toys and tables as needed to maintain a welcoming and safe nursery.
- Monitor each child’s personal hygiene by changing dirty or soiled clothing as needed
- Adhere to safe church training policies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have experience babysitting children ages 0-12 years old
- Must be able to work independently; with limited guidance or monitoring.
- Must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to communicate in both oral and written form; read, understand and follow instructions, schedules and safety label directions. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with parents and children in a professional manner.
- Must satisfactorily complete a National Background Check and reference checks
- Desirable but not required: Training in first aid, child/infant CPR, Prior experience with special needs children, teaching art and/or music a plus
$15-$20/hour depending on experience. This position is a part-time support staff position and does not qualify for any benefits, sick days, vacation days, or holidays.
In the event of an illness or other emergency, the Pastor or Nursery Supervisor must be notified by 8am on Sunday morning.
Please submit letter of interest and resume or summary of relevant experience to Amy Fish, email@example.com. First Baptist Church, 1580 Mass. Ave., Lexington, MA 02420