First Baptist Church strives to be a community built on the grace and love of Jesus Christ. Wherever you are on your journey, you are welcome here - young, old, able bodied, disabled, committed Christ-follower, serial doubter - all are welcome. Please join us for worship on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. in the Sanctuary.
Come Worship with Us!
December 15, 2019
Sunday School 9:30 a.m.
Worship 10:30 a.m.
Minister- Rev. Dr. Mark C. Jackson
Mitten Tree, Christmas Pageant & White Gifts
December 15, 2019
Be sure to join us on Sunday, December 15th for a very special and full day.
During morning worship, we are asking for donations of new mittens, gloves, hats, scarves, etc. which the children will collect and place under the Christmas tree during the Children’s story. The warm items will be donated to Middlesex Human Services for families that need a helping hand. We know they will bring
warmth and cheer to the children served.
The Board of Christian Education hopes you, your family and friends will join us for a delicious luncheon. Please RSVP to the office so we can have a count for the meal. Lunch will be followed by the celebration of the Christmas Pageant presented by the Sunday School children.
At the conclusion of the Pageant, we invite guests to come forward with a white gift which will be donated to Middlesex Human Services for families that do not have the resources to provide Christmas gifts for their children this year. We ask you to bring a new toy wrapped in white tissue paper with you to the pageant.
Thank you in advance for your thoughtful donations during this busy time of the year
and we look forward to seeing you on December 15th!
invites you to
Experience Christ’s Message
of Hope & Peace
during the season of Advent 2019
Sunday Worship - 10:30 a.m.
Church School for Children and Teenagers - 9:30 a.m.
December 1 - 1st Sunday in Advent, Hope
December 8 - 2nd Sunday in Advent, Peace
December 15 - 3rd Sunday in Advent, Joy
12 noon – Luncheon and Christmas Pageant
December 22 - 4th Sunday in Advent, Love
Advent Cantata: Song of the Birth of Our
Lord Jesus Christ
December 24 - Christmas Eve
7:00 p.m. Candlelight Family
Service of Lessons & Carols
“For unto us a child is born,
unto us a Son is given” Isaiah 9:6
First Baptist Church of Lexington, MA
Hours: Approximately 2.25 hours a week from September-mid June. There is no childcare in the summer months.
First Baptist is looking to hire a childcare provider for 2.25 hours a week. This is a regular job from 9:30am-11:45am every Sunday from October-mid June. Occasionally there will be special events at other times and the childcare provider might be asked to oversee childcare, if available
Services to be performed by the childcare provider include caring for children ages newborn through elementary school, keeping accurate sign-in and sign-out sheets, and light cleaning of the childcare area. We are a small family-orientated church and strive to provide a safe and fun environment for our youngest members. We do not require our caregivers to be Christian or Baptist, however he or she must be comfortable working in a faith environment. Caregivers from all or no religious backgrounds are invited to apply.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a fun, safe, and happy experience for the children in his or her care.
- Light cleaning and sanitizing of toys and tables as needed to maintain a welcoming and safe nursery.
- Monitor each child’s personal hygiene by changing dirty or soiled clothing as needed
- Adhere to safe church training policies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have experience babysitting children ages 0-12 years old
- Must be able to work independently; with limited guidance or monitoring.
- Must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to communicate in both oral and written form; read, understand and follow instructions, schedules and safety label directions. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with parents and children in a professional manner.
- Must satisfactorily complete a National Background Check and reference checks
- Desirable but not required: Training in first aid, child/infant CPR, Prior experience with special needs children, teaching art and/or music a plus
$15-$20/hour depending on experience. This position is a part-time support staff position and does not qualify for any benefits, sick days, vacation days, or holidays.
In the event of an illness or other emergency, the Pastor or Nursery Supervisor must be notified by 8am on Sunday morning.
Please submit letter of interest and resume or summary of relevant experience to Amy Fish, email@example.com. First Baptist Church, 1580 Mass. Ave., Lexington, MA 02420